- What is a pay link?
- Are there any limits in place for how much someone can send my child via their pay link or how much my child can receive?
- What happens if I do not approve or decline a pay link payment? / Why is a pay link payment not going through?
- What pay link access does the second parent or adult have on my account?
- Can anyone send your child money via their pay link?
What is a pay link?
While you can send money to your child from your Parent app, we know that friends and family may also want (or need) to contribute to your child’s account. An easy way to do this is to share your child’s pay link, or to help them share it on their own.
To share your child’s pay link:
- From your Parent Dashboard, navigate to your child's dashboard at the top of the screen.
- Tap “Share pay link” on your child’s dashboard.
- Select how you would like to share: text message, email, or social media.
Your child can share their own pay link as well. From their app, they will see a “Share pay link” button on their dashboard.
When a friend or family member sends your child money, you'll receive a push notification to approve or decline the payment as well as a notification in-app. You can also find any pending payments at the top of your Parent Dashboard. Once you approve, the payment amount will be added to your child's Spend Anywhere.
You have 60 days to approve or decline a payment before the amount is refunded back to the sender.
To learn more about how you can enable or disable your child’s pay link, click here.
Are there any limits in place for how much someone can send my child via their pay link or how much my child can receive?
There are limits in place regarding how much money your family can receive from pay link payments. The following limits are in place:
- Minimum individual payment amount: $5
- Maximum individual payment amount: $250
- Maximum amount a child can receive on a rolling 30-day period: $1,000
What happens if I do not approve or decline a pay link payment?
To keep safety top of mind, a parent approval is required on all pay link payments before the money can be made available to your child. If a pay link payment has not been approved or declined by you within 60 days of being sent to your child, the sender will automatically receive a refund for their payment.
As a reminder, you will receive a notification when payments come in and you can find all pending payments on your Parent Dashboard.
What pay link access does the second parent or adult have on my account?
The second parent or Authorized Approver on your account will be able to do everything that you, the Primary Accountholder, can do in regards to payment approvals and sharing your child’s pay link on their behalf. They will not, however, have the ability to enable or disable pay link access.
Can anyone send my child money via their pay link?
Each child has a unique pay link within their Greenlight account. Your child's pay link is only accessible if shared by you or your child and is not searchable online. Once someone receives your child’s pay link, they will be able to send your child money.
Article is closed for comments.