Greenlight will mail all authorized user cards to the primary cardholder’s address. Once they receive the card, there are two ways to activate it:
Option 1: the primary cardholder can activate the card by doing the following:
- Open the Greenlight app.
- Click on your Family Cash Card tile on the homepage (You may have to scroll down to find it).
- Click on the icon in the top right hand corner of the Family Cash Card to access your card settings.
- Click on ‘Activate card’ and enter in the last 4 digits of your authorized user’s card and its expiration date.
Option 2: Your authorized user can activate their own card if they’re an approver or a Greenlight child on your account, by doing the following:
Ensure the latest version of the Greenlight app is downloaded on the authorized user’s device and they are able to log in with their own login. For questions on how to create a login for an approver or child on a Greenlight account, see this article.
- They should now see a Family Cash Card tile on their homepage.
- Click on their Family Cash Card tile, and click on ‘Activate card’.
- Enter in the last four digits of their card and the expiration date to activate.
Once the authorized user card is activated, they can use it to make purchases online or in person up to their monthly spending limit.