You can use your Greenlight Card everywhere Mastercard is accepted, online and in store (as long as your parents approve).
However, for privacy and security of our customers, Greenlight cards will not be accepted for the following transactions:
- Wires or money orders
- Security brokers or deals
- Dating/escort services
- Massage parlors
- Online casinos or online gambling
- Horse racing and dog racing
- Non-sport internet gaming
- Cashback at the point of sale
Did your child's card decline somewhere that's not on this list? Troubleshoot with the articles below:
- You might have a Spend Control set. Learn about adjusting Spend Control settings here.
- Your account may have exceeded the maximum monthly Spend Limit. Learn about limits here.
- Did you recently freeze your child's card in-app? Toggle their card back-on within the Greenlight app. See how in this article.
- Did your child's card decline at Six Flags, Carowinds, or another amusement park? Here are a few work-arounds:
- If your child is 13+ and has an iPhone with the most up-to-date Greenlight app, have them add their Greenlight Card to Apple Pay for one-tap provisioning at the point of sale by keying in the card number, cvv, and expiration date.
- Ask the merchant to manually manually input their debit card number into the payment terminal, instead of using the chip reader.
- Find a nearby ATM to withdraw cash ($100 daily withdrawal limit), and convert your withdrawn cash to a pre-paid cash card at a Six Flags park kiosk.