Can I transfer my Greenlight investment holdings to another brokerage?

Yes, you can transfer your Greenlight investment holdings to another brokerage. We can only transfer whole shares, any partial shares cannot be transferred and will need to be sold prior to processing the transfer request. 

To start the transfer process, contact the brokerage firm where you’re transferring your shares to start the paperwork with them. The receiving broker will likely require you to complete a Transfer Initiation Form or Letter of Authorization (LOA), as well as require you to provide a copy of your most recent DriveWealth (Greenlight’s broker) account statement, and full 17-digit DriveWealth account number (which can be found on the upper left-hand side of the DriveWealth account statement). Your Drivewealth statements can be found at the bottom of your Invest profile in the Greenlight app.  Once you have the paperwork for the transfer, you will need to:

  1. Sell all fractional shares. 
  2. Have at least $65 of cash funds in your account to cover the transfer fee.
  3. Contact Greenlight customer support at 1-888-483-2645 or to submit an ACAT transfer request. 

Once DriveWealth receives the ACAT request from the receiving firm, we will take action on the request within 2 business days. If the request is accepted and in good order (i.e., there are no issues), the transfer will settle within 5-7 business days.

Have more questions? Submit a request



Please sign in to leave a comment.