Greenlight teens can have their paychecks automatically deposited onto their Greenlight cards. It’s convenient, safe, secure, and saves you a trip to the bank. On payday, their paychecks will automatically be deposited onto their Greenlight card in their “Spend Anywhere” balance, even if they’re on vacation or out of town.
To set up direct deposit, follow the steps below (available on app versions 4.36 or higher):
- Access the child’s profile
- Parents: Tap on the gear icon on the Parent Dashboard to access Parent Settings. Select ‘Family’ to choose a specific child.
- Teens (13+): Tap the profile icon at the top left (next to your name)
- Select ‘Direct deposit’
- Follow the prompts to set up direct deposit. This will include entering the employer’s name.
- Share the account and routing information with your child’s employer.
Users on earlier app versions can call us at 888-483-2645 to set up direct deposit.
Please note: all direct deposits must be from the child's employer and in the child's name. We currently do not accept direct deposit from the State or Federal Government (including Social Security payments, federal tax refunds, state tax refunds, child support, etc.) or from Paypal, Venmo, Apple Cash, etc. Kids under 13 will need a parent to access their account number.
Learn more about direct deposit here.