Plaid is a service we use to add your bank account instantly and securely to Greenlight. Additionally, Greenlight families that connect a bank as their funding account (instead of a debit card) are eligible for Greenlight Savings Reward.
To add your bank, please follow the steps below:
1) Log in to the Greenlight app
2) Tap on the gear icon on the right hand side
3) Select "Funding accounts"
4) Tap "Add a Funding Account"
5) Choose "Add a bank instantly"
6) Read the prompt and select "Get Started" if you agree
7) Choose your banking institution
8) Enter your online banking credentials
9) Choose to have verification go to your phone via text or call and hit continue
10) Enter the verification code once received
11) Choose the bank account you'd like to use to fund your Greenlight account and hit continue
After the last step, you should automatically be taken to your Parent's Wallet and have the ability to load money.
Additionally, you can manually add your bank account using your Checking and Routing number. Your banking institution can take up to 7 business days to verify the connection. After this, you can load a minimum of $1 within 2-3 business days.
You can also add a debit card as a funding source if you prefer. Click here to learn how.