If your child has the Greenlight app:
The parent on the child’s account must approve the Greenlight Gift prior to the child having access to the gifted funds. The child can receive the Greenlight Gift via text, email, or printed code, and can redeem in their app via the steps listed here. Once a child redeems it in their app, the parent will be notified to approve that gift.
To approve a Greenlight Gift:
- Tap the notification you have received or launch the Greenlight app.
- Tap the Greenlight Gift notification in your Notifications hub on the Parent Dashboard -- You may need to tap into the Notification hub depending on the number of notifications you have available. If you do not see the notification, navigate to your Settings page then tap on "Greenlight gift" under the Your Family section of the page.
- Once on the Greenlight Gift page, you will see your pending Gifts to approve.
Once a Greenlight Gift is approved, your child will be notified and the gift amount will be deposited into General Savings, Spend Anywhere, or the Spend Control chosen by the sender.
If your child does not have the Greenlight app:
Greenlight Gifts can still be given to children who do not have the Greenlight app. The parent can redeem the gift for them directly from the parent app. Here's how to do this:
- Launch the Greenlight app
- Navigate to your Settings by tapping the gear icon in the top right of your Parent Dashboard
- Tap "Funding preferences" then select Greenlight Gift at the bottom of the page
Enter in the Greenlight Gift code to redeem
- Approve the gift and assign it to the proper child
From this screen, you will also be able to see if you have any pending gifts awaiting your approval.