Want to limit the amount of money your child can spend at a specific store? Greenlight has your back! Simply:
- Navigate to your Child's Dashboard.
- Tap on the Spending tile.
- Scroll down to the "Specific Stores" section beneath your "Spending Categories."
- Tap "Add a Specific Store."
- Search for the name of the physical or online store in the search bar.
- Tap "Yes" to confirm you'd like to add this specific store as a Spend Control.
- Move the funds into this store's Spend Control by tapping "Move $ In".
- If you'd like your child to spend no more than this amount of money, go to this store's spend control "Settings" and toggle off the "Pull overages from Spend Anywhere" toggle. This will cause your child's card to decline if they try to spend more than the allotted amount at this store.
You can learn more about Spend Controls and Spend Categories here.
How to block a store or merchant:
Once you have created a spend control for a store or merchant, you’ll be able to block your kids from spending any money at the given store or merchant using the following steps:
- Select the specific spend control you would like to block spending for.
- Make sure the dollar amount that is listed for the spend control is set to $0.00.
- Tap on “Settings” within the spend control.
- Toggle “Pull overages from Spend Anywhere” to OFF (This will prevent funds being pulled from Spend Anywhere in the event a child does not have enough money in the given spend control to cover a transaction).
- Once these settings have been updated, your child’s card will be declined at the given store or merchant.