Authorized users can use their Family Cash Card card to make purchases virtually or via contactless or chip-enabled transactions in person. All of their spend counts towards your cash back earning tiers.
If you are on version 5.10 of the Greenlight app or later and you add an approver as an authorized user, they will now be able to view transactions, track spend, and manage their card from their Greenlight app.
Authorized users who are Greenlight kids on version 5.14 or later of the Greenlight app will be able to activate their card, view their transactions and spending limits, and lock/unlock their credit card from inside the Greenlight app. They can also access Greenlight’s credit education modules about credit from their Family Cash Card tile inside their app to learn more about managing credit.
The primary cardholder is still responsible for paying the bill inside their Greenlight app.
- Open your Greenlight app and navigate to your credit homepage by clicking on the Family Cash Card tile in your parent dashboard.
- Click on the gear icon in the top right corner of your card.
- Click on ‘Add an authorized user’
- If you'd like to add an approver or a child as an authorized user, select them from the list, then confirm their name and DOB. If you'd like to have an approver but don't see them in the list, click here to see how to add them as an approver to your Greenlight account.
- If you'd like to add someone who's not a parent or a child, then click 'Add someone new'. Enter your authorized user’s First and Last name and DOB, then click ‘Continue’.
- If you are on version 5.14 of the app or later, you can set a spending limit for your authorized users as you add them: Just enter the total amount you'd like them to be able to spend in a month. If you choose not to set a spending limit, they'll be able to spend up to your credit limit.
- Once you confirm, their card will be shipped to your primary address in 7-10 business days.
Once their card arrives, activate it by going to your Family Cash Card settings in your Greenlight app or by calling 888-292-2039.