We are sorry to hear you are considering closing your account. Here’s what happens next if you decide to move forward with closing your account:
- Your family's app and debit card access will be lost immediately.
- Any investments will be sold at market value.
- This means we will sell your investments at the market’s current available price. If the market is closed when you request an account closure, your investments will be sold on the following business day. Securities may open below or above where they closed the previous business day.
- Please take a moment to transfer remaining funds out of your account (see instructions below). Any remaining account balances will be refunded in 5-7 business days.
The primary account holder is required to close the account.
You can close your account from the app, or by phone. The fastest is from the app. If you're on your phone, please click here and scroll to the bottom of the page, or go to Settings > Account > My plan. From there, scroll down, and select "Close account".
If you do not wish to close your account from the app, please give us a call and one of our team members will be happy to help.
You can close your account at any time, we have no long term contracts, and we do not charge a fee to close your account.
I'm not trying to close my account. I just want help transferring money back to my funding source.
No problem! You can transfer funds back to your bank account yourself within the app:
- On your Parent Dashboard, select the secondary button (three dots) next to Add $, then select Transfer to bank account
- Select the bank account you want to transfer funds to. (Note: You’ll skip this step if you have only one linked bank account.) Select Next
- Enter the amount you’d like to transfer. (Note: It must be less than or equal to the Available to transfer amount). Select Next
- Review the transfer
- Select Confirm transfer (Note: once you click "Confirm transfer," requests cannot be undone)
For more information on transferring money out of your Greenlight account, please reference this article.