Your Parent's Wallet is a virtual version of your regular wallet and is where you store money you want to add to your kids' Greenlight cards. You can easily see the balance of your Parent's Wallet by navigating to the Parent Dashboard, which is the first page you see when opening the app.
Once your funding source is verified, there are two options for funding your Parent's Wallet:
Option 1 - Add Money Now
- Click on the ‘Add $’ button from the Parent Dashboard or from the Parent Settings screen.
- Choose the desired amount you want to add, or you can choose to manually enter your own amount by tapping on ‘Other’.
- Click "Move Money" and your funds will be transferred. Please note, you have the option to change funding sources here if you have multiple attached to your Parent's Wallet by tapping on the ‘From Menu’. You also have the option to transfer money back to your Parent's Wallet from your children’s accounts. Your primary funding source will be automatically populated here unless you change it (which can be done by accessing "Funding Accounts" in your Parent's Wallet menu).
Option 2 - Autofunding
- Navigate to your Settings by tapping the gear icon in the top right of your Parent Dashboard
- Tap "Funding preferences” then select Autofunding by clicking on the arrow to the right of it
- If you do not have Parent's Wallet Autofunding set up, you can also navigate to Autofunding by tapping on "Set up autofunding" from the Parent Dashboard.
- You will see 3 options under ‘Parent’s Wallet Autofunding’
- Add money when balance gets low: Automatically add a set amount of funds each time your Parent's Wallet drops below a certain amount that you set.
- Add money on the 1st of the month: Automatically add a set amount of funds on the 1st of each month.
- No autofunding: This option keeps autofunding disabled
Need to transfer money from your Parent's Wallet back to your funding source? Our support team would be more than happy to help – just fill out this form and mention the amount you'd like to transfer back.
Article is closed for comments.